Pros and Cons of Hiring A Freelance Graphic Designer
- Affordable rates — You only have to pay freelance graphic designers for the work they put in and nothing else. With their low overhead costs, they can charge affordable rates without sacrificing quality.
- Flexible hours — Freelancers aren’t restricted to the usual office hours. They make their own work schedule, which usually revolves around their clients’ needs. They’re more likely to respond to urgent matters outside of the typical 9-to-5 workday.
- Option to specialize — You can hire a freelancer for the exact type of expertise you need for a project. Whether it’s a designer experienced in the food industry or an animator that specializes in experimental styles, you have that option.
- Misunderstanding your direction — Freelancers don’t have familiarity with your branding. They can misconstrue your vision for your project, leading to costly and lengthy revisions.
- Can be unreliable — You don’t have direct control over freelancers and how they work. They might suddenly become unresponsive without notice for all sorts of reasons you may never know.
- Inconsistency and disruption — There’s no guarantee that you will get quality work out of every project from freelancers. They can also heavily disrupt internal processes if they don’t provide their deliverables on time and meet your quality standards.
Pros and Cons of a Flexible and Scalable Solution Like Design Force
- Quality and affordability — You can get high-quality deliverables on time without having to pay premium design agency prices, as scalable solutions mean you only pay for what you need.
- Wide and deep talent pool — Bypass all the hassle of finding and managing talent and gain direct access to multiple expert designers.
- Flexible and on-demand team — Get a creative team that can fully commit to a project and provide the exact design solutions you need, whether it’s a single big deliverable or a series of small tasks. They will also be available when you need them to be.
- Offload your design management — Design projects can proceed without you having to constantly manage every part of the process. Approval is all the creative team needs from you, as you’ll get a dedicated project design manager to oversee the process from start to finish, allowing you to focus on more strategic aspects of your business.
- Fresh perspective — See your overall design approach from a different, unbiased angle and possibly change how you conduct your design process for the better.
- Reliant on your direction — With scalable solutions, all the focus and energy is in production and churn work. You have to direct that work somewhere specific and be clear with your expectations or the project will stall.
- Reliant on your branding — You will have to provide branding guidelines so that your design projects maintain consistency in terms of presentation and achieve your goals.
|Design Capabilities||Hiring A Freelance Designer||Working With Design Force|
|Work With Designers Who Specialize On A Niche||✅||✅|
|Access to a Wide and Deep Talent Pool||✅|
|Get A Dedicated Project Design Manager to Oversee The Process||✅|
|Flexibility With Projects Details and Time||✅||✅|
|Get Designs On-Demand||✅||✅|
|Consistency With Quality and Hitting Deadlines||✅|
|Give You A Fresh Perspective On Your Design Direction||✅|
The Design Force Solution
Freelance graphic designers offer freedom of choice and flexibility for relatively low prices. However, these advantages are offset by the unpredictability and lack of control you are likely to experience working with them. Such problems get even bigger if your business needs to scale while relying on freelancers. Either your budget balloons and it gets harder to keep track of multiple freelancers, or you overwhelm the one freelancer and receive subpar work past deadlines.
Design Force provides the pros of freelancers without the cons.
Our innovative subscription-based design concept allows us to adapt to whatever your design needs are (no matter how large or small they may be), commit to delivering them on time and meeting your standards, and adjust your subscription accordingly so that you get great value for your money.
With our on-demand solutions, you can scale your business along with your design goals without falling short or being late on deliverables whenever you want.
Get in touch with our 80-strong creative team and find out how you can grow your business with designers that even Fortune 500 companies across the globe depend on.